Thursday, April 12, 2007

Imus and the zealots

Look, the truth is, I could give a damn one way or the other about Imus. I have for sometime felt that he's a total idiot. His nappy remark was of course stupid and totally out of line. Now MSNBC and CBS have dropped him because of their so-called moral outrage and that of their viewers, listeners, etc.

Here's what chaps my ass though: Where's all the outrage about all the rappers, hip hoppers, gang bangers, NBA athletes, etc. who routinely and blatantly use similar or worse epitaphs on a regular, visible and extremely loud basis.

I am also sick and tired of all the "moral pillars" that are piling on Imus for the purpose of solidifying their financial interests ... and yes, that's all it's about. Of course I mean the likes of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. Funny thing about these two in particular: As they pile it on, I cannot seem to locate any evidence of them coming forward to apologize for that same behavior toward the Duke lacrosse "criminals." I would guess they'll be apologizing just any second now, don't you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen to that!! How is it perfectly fine for the "entertainers" (IF you can call them that) to spew their venom, but an old white guy says "nappy headed ho" and the world comes crashing down!? Yeah, it wasn't very smart of Imus to say that, but big damn deal. Really people...get a frickin' grip! Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, aka Mush Mouthed Jackasses, can kiss my rosie pink butt... Just my two cents worth.