Monday, September 12, 2005

The humor of the prostate

I find aging, aside from being significantly painful, funny. Numerous men I know close to my age (50's) share many maladies - cannot see, cannot hear, cannot remember, cannot this, cannot that. But the one thing most of us can do is dribble (and no, I am not talking about Dr. Naismith's game).

Because of this little "issue" much humor is there for the savoring, as fellow sufferers share their approaches for dealing with this issue. Perhaps one of the more common ways of facing this issue is by inventing funny analogies comparing present "shame" to younger "glory" when it comes to such things.

One that comes immediately to mind is a remark a business colleague shared with me several years back while chuckling about the hand aging had dealt. As he wrapped up his business for the moment, he turned to me and said, "You know, when I was young, it went off like a garden hose, but now it's more like a lawn sprinkler!" Upon hearing this, I got extremely tickled, lost my place so to speak, and had to start over again (coincidentally, another issue we older guys enjoy).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo!
This was a funny thought to wake up to!